Friday, April 9, 2010

The gospel according to Dorothy Draper

 

draper1

The other day when I was browsing through the “home improvement”  books at my local Goodwill, I spied this book by Dorothy Draper that I was previously unaware of (gasp).

I haven’t finished all 365, but I thought I would share an excerpt from #11--my favorite so far….

 

Oftentimes when I get to bed at night these phrases are still floating around my head, “Is it proper?” “Could I use?” “Would it be all right to?” “Are they using?”  “I love such and such a color, but could I mix it with so and so?”

Recently an ad for individualized clothes had a heading “Enjoy the luxury of being yourself.”  And to all those people who ask me all of the above questions, what could be a better answer?  What do you care what they (whoever they are) using?  Who knows what is “proper”?  Be yourself, think for yourself, be guided by good taste and have what you want….

 

You said it sister!  I think if she were around today, Ms. Draper would have a fabulous blog.

 

Enjoy the luxury of being yourself!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, have thought this myself about her too! And Diana Vreeland would certainly rock the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just have to use that phrase myself. wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails